Sunday, June 1, 2008

WE ARE HERE!!!

Well we have finally arrived in Thailand and I wanted to give a quick update. I only have a few minutes so I am just going to write and not add any pictures.  When I first signed in everything was in Thai so it was a guessing game on how to login.   

The flight went really well and Mike and I are convinced it is because so many people were praying.  Avery cried for the first three minutes of take off and then didn't cry again the rest of the flight.  She slept a majority of our flight from Tokyo to Bangkok.  We see how in so many ways the Lord was looking out for us from leaving for the airport early in Atlanta to the seats that we were given on the plane.  The details couldn't have been orchestrated so well without the Lord.

We are living in a small apartment about 10 minutes from the church.  They are a great set up.  We don't have air conditioning in the sitting room so that is going to take some getting use to.  It is extremely hot here!!!!   Avery looks like she has just gotten out of the bath most of the time she is sweating so badly.  We are doing some orientation stuff for the next few days.  Trying to learn some of the language and going on a shopping trip this afternoon.

I can't wait to share more!  This is going to be quite an adventure!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Let me first say how proud I am that you have all have been courageous and obedient to God's calling in taking this journey! It certainly is inspirational and makes me so happy to know that God's light is shining all across the globe by people that I know and love!
Last night at a "Connect" service at my church, my life group of 15 held hands and specifically prayed for you all. We prayed that the doors would be wide open in Thailand for you to spread God's word. We prayed for your safety and for your health and for your protection. We prayed that Avery would be well and that Jennifer would be an even more extraordinary mom in a foreign land. We prayed for you, Mike, that God would strengthen your leadership skills. We prayed that the team would bond and grow closer to Christ and to each other. I know that you all have been bathed in prayer prior to this trip by many others, but you can have comfort that there are people that you don't even know in Myrtle Beach that are fervently praying for you daily! Love you lots!
Sabrina