Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Keller Joseph has arrived!

Keller Joseph Boland was born on Tuesday morning at 8:45 am.  God proved his faithfulness once again with the timing.  Mike, Avery and I have been praying for a few weeks that Keller would come at a time that would allow my family to come and help for a few days before school starts back.  The time was drawing near but God in his perfect timing had a great plan!  


I woke up on Tuesday morning at 6:00 and was having contractions about 4 minutes apart. Knowing how fast Avery came I knew we better get in the car.  A friend came to stay with Avery and we left for the birth center around 7:00.  We had a thirty minute drive so we didn't get there until about 7:40.  By  8:20 I needed to push and Keller was born about 25 minutes later.  It was a great experience to be at the birth center where we felt very confident and cared for.  Keller weighed 8 pounds and 4 ounces and was 21 inches long. 
We left the birth center around 1pm and took Keller for his first doctors appointment.  We got back home just in time to wake Avery from her nap and let her meet him. She was pretty quiet at first and just wanted me to hold her but it didn't take her long to warm up to her new brother.  By last night she wanted him every where she was. He even had to go to the bathroom for bath time.  It is fun to see how much she loves him and how proud she is to have a baby brother.

This necklace was given to me at a Mother's Blessing shower here in Orlando.  Everyone that came brought a bead and told something they would be praying for our family. It was such a blessing to know how many people are praying for our us. 

This is Michelle. The midwife that delivered Keller.  She did a great job and was very loving and patient.  
Mike and Keller minutes after he was born.
Everybody says he looks just like Mike!
He is such a blessing!  We are so excited to be adding a little boy to our family!  Thank you for your prayers for the delivery. Please continue to pray as we begin the journey of raising our little ones. 

3 comments:

Brandon and Jamie said...

Hey Jennifer!!
I just came across your blog... I know you told me before about what you do to prep your body for labor.. but I need a refresher!! what an amazing delivery. :) Congrats!!!

Claire said...

Thanks for the play by play! SO thrilled for Keller's life. That's great you felt so at home with the birth center down there, I was wondering about that. I love the necklace idea. Have fun with your family, Jen. I would have to agree he looks like Mike.
Love y'all.
Claire

The Severances said...

WOW!!! So thankful he is here. He looks so perfect!! I can't wait to meet him and hold him. Praying for you guys :-)
Love you,
Lia